Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Kim Yoo-jung poised to break the space-time continuum



Child actress Kim Yoo-jung (Gumiho: Tale of the Fox’s Child) has been cast in the MBC weekend drama Flames of Desire, not as one, but TWO characters. Really, Show? Are you that strapped for cash?



Will she be playing a shapeshifter? No. A body snatcher or face-copier? Nope. She’s just going to play the younger versions for both Seo Woo and Shin Eun-kyung‘s characters. Er, what now?



I know, I’m giving the show a hard time. But really…do they think we’re stupid? Because not only do we recognize kids who hop from drama to drama (most recently the kid from Cinderella’s Sister, I Am Legend, and Sungkyunkwan Scandal), but I think we’d KNOW if Kim, who’s very recognizable, appeared in the same drama as TWO different characters.



The only way I see this not jumping the shark is if there’s a story point, involving the characters’ doppelganger-hood. C’mon, Show. There’s a valid reason, right? RIGHT?



Sigh. I don’t know if that’s the case, and I wasn’t really planning on watching this makjang sucker, but I may have to now, just to see what possible reason they’d have, to get one girl to defy all logic of time and space. K-dramaland is truly testing my sanity with this one.



Flames of Desire stars Shin Eun-kyung, Seo Woo, Yoo Seung-ho, Lee Soon-jae, and Jo Min-ki, and premieres on MBC this Saturday.



Via Osen



News Source - http://dramabeans.com

1 comment: